My Blog List

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

How The Wild West Was Won

Although I am a true city girl, living in Texas for most of my life, I can't help but appreciate tales of the 'Ol West.  My dad loved reading and watching westerns and made me watch every time a John Wayne or Clint Eastwood movie was on t.v.  The men of the West were rugged (and probably smelled since they only bathed once a month...yuck) and tough.  They conquered the wild lands of the West and took it for their own.  From what's been written, these cowboys were the reason that the West was won, but I think it was the women that "tamed" the Wild, Wild West.  <wink>  How could they not?  They brought fashion, geentle-ness, grace and manners to the rugged men of the West. The hair I'm wearing inspired today's "Old West" look.  Of course the dress is a bit risque for those times, I think that it works well with the hair and parasol.  There's several sims that I tried visiting that were western themed, but the only one that I could visit without having to join a group was Rock Springs, Wyoming West.  It's a lovely little town with horses, stables, saloons and general store.  I'll definitely visit again and hope to spend more time there getting acquainted with the town folk.  Maybe next time I'll don on my chaps, spurs, cowboy hat and pistols!  Woohoo!  And remember, "Don't squat with your spurs on!"






Dress:  Ishrani gown by Glitter Fashion

Earrings:  Black Tears earrings by Aidoru (free/mini mania board)

Nails:  Crossed Slink nails by .Figure. (free GG/free group join)

Skin:  Birthday gift in Bronze by Wow Skins

Hair:  Dottie hair in Fire by Alli and Ali Designs (free/midnight mania board/past gift)

Hands:  Elegant hands by Slink

Parasol:  Lak's Lovely parasol by Immortalis Cathedral (no longer available)

Ring:  Stardust Black ring by New Avon (no longer available)

Shape:  Summer by External Appearace (Fabfree 2013 gift, no longer available)

Location:  Rock Springs, Wyoming West